Beyond Marathon run many ultra events in the UK. They are great value for money, friendly and fun. My first ultra (26 October 2013) was Dusk til Dawn and I have gone back to run it every year since. I have volunteered at many of their events and they have a great community spirit. Some of their events are below, check out their website for more, and the full details.
- Dusk til Dawn, 50 miles circular route in the peak district, in the dark.
- The Millennium Way Ultra, good for a first ultra, fairly flat and easy to nav for the most part, following cycle paths, river, canal for much of it.
- Apocalypse – a 50 and 100 version, set in the hills of Shropshire around Church Stretton, steep but short hills and plenty of them.
- Gritstone Grind – 35 miles, so again another good first ultra, following one trail along a liner route, a great day out.
- King Offa’s Dyke – 185 miles from the bottom to the top of the Welsh/English border – helped out, but not run this one.